Monday, February 29, 2016

A Little Night Collage

Every evening I try to spend at least a few minutes in my studio, just playing around with paints, collage elements, color sprays, stencils, and stamps.  Sometimes I just gesso something--some art journal pages, an upcycled canvas or board.  (One of my favorite things to do is to hit up the thrift stores for "art" on canvases or boards, gesso over them, and use them for painting and collage!)

Tonight I did a little collage with some music pages and played a little bit in my art journals with color sprays and stencils.


This is a page spread that I started weeks ago, and am just continuing to play with.  Right now I think it's kinda ugly, but that's OK.  I will keep coming back to it!


The stencilled elements in this spread didn't turn out nearly as crisp as I had wanted, but I kinda like what's going on here, nevertheless.


Just a little play time before settling in to watch some TV and knit!

No comments:

Post a Comment