Sunday, November 15, 2015

Tags and Art Journal and Collage, Oh My!

I wandered down into my studio this evening and played around a little in my art journals.  I bought a couple of old books today at the antique mall to use in my work; I have to say, it was a little tough to start tearing pages out of a book, even an old torn-up one, but once I started, it felt surprisingly liberating to tear up book pages!  And I really like the way the pages look glued in my journal.  I think next time I might glue the book pages down and then paint over them, although this is a good start and I probably will go back in with more paint.


I also added some orange to my Dina Wakley faces page.  I'm not sure where to go next with this one--I think I'll just let it simmer for awhile.


I did a little collage with paper scraps on a piece of kraft paper.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this--maybe paint over it or use some Distress Inks on it once it's dry.  I'm thinking this will be cut up for homemade pattern paper or tags.


Then I played around with some of the new Distress Stains I got recently and made a bunch of tags bases.


I have good, inky fingers now!

No comments:

Post a Comment