Friday, November 27, 2015

Blue Quaker

Yesterday and today I've been working on my version of the Quaker Yarn Stretcher Boomerang, a pattern by Susan Ashcroft.  I'm knitting this in Jaeger Roma, 63% viscose/22% nylon/15% angora, in a light blue, on size 11 needles.  I know this seems like huge needles to use for this yarn, but the pattern calls for the yarn to be knit in a very relaxed gauge.  I like this yarn--it's very soft and shiny and has knit up beautifully on the three or four different needle sizes I tried before settling on the 11's.



This yarn is now, sadly, discontinued.  I did a little stash-shopping to find it!

I'm not sure if I'm going to keep this one for myself or gift it this Christmas.  I just got in on the Gift Along 2015 on Ravelry, so I've been stocking up on great indie patterns to make in the next month.  It's always nice to have a little stockpile of nice things that can be given away at Christmas-time.  I'd like to get this finished quickly so that I can start on one of my exciting new patterns!

No comments:

Post a Comment