Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Elfin Rumors

Today is the the ninth day of Smeared and Smudged's 2014 12 Days of Creepmas Blog Hop!  This is also a Smeared Ink day, in which we have been challenged to use Smeared Ink images.  I'm excited to be here, along with all the other great artists that you can see in the blogroll to the right.  Start at the top with Terra or just jump in anywhere and follow along.  If you've arrived here from Keren's blog, you'll want to continue on to the lovely Leigh after stopping here.

We guarantee to give you an alternative view of the holidays!

Today I have a piece of altered art which I have entitled Elfin Rumors.  This is an "art" plaque which I acquired at my local Goodwill.  It started out looking like this:


And it now looks like this:





Now, I know that on these Smeared Ink days we have been challenged to use only SI stamps, but I have a really hard time using just one brand of stamps.  For me, part of the fun and challenge of making a piece is to pull stamps and images from all sorts of sources and then make them work together somehow.  I know that probably disqualifies me from the Smeared Ink Day, but that's OK!

The details:
  1. Santa face--from Old-Fashioned Christmas Illustrations CD-ROM and book, by Dover Publications
  2. Elves on candy cane horses--from Create with TLC
  3. Mrs. Claus and small sentiments--from Femdom rubber stamp set from Smeared Ink
  4. Spectrum Noir colored pencils
  5. KimberlyGeneral’s Loew Cornell, and Prismacolor watercolor pencils
  6. Faber Castell Gelatos
  7. Background collaged from paper scraps, tissue paper, acrylic paints, chalk pastels

8 comments:

  1. ROTFLMAO! Love, love, LOVE! Santa looks especially thrilled about the news. Hilarious! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, you have such a talent to come up with these tabloid sentiments that are sooo amusing or ROTFLMAO!! This is so off the wall and quirky it can't be beat! You are tops at this and I love these pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOLOL! I LOVE your alternative Santa scenes XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laughing out loud - having to explain myself to others in the house!
    Even if you used various "brands" (Mrs. Claus would approve) this is worth it.
    Whenever you show me your transformations I have an urge to go prowl a thrift store!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your creation is soooo crazy! Santa's expression....priceless and totally freaky!
    Wow brilliant creep, love it!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about combining stamps...This is a fab plaque - so much to look at and I love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bwaahahahahaha !!! Awesome and soooo very funny :-D xxxx

    ReplyDelete