Saturday, November 1, 2014

Left of Center DT Call

Left of Center Creative Challenges is have a DT call, and I am applying!  I will try to keep this short and sweet.

The LOC blog and challenges were brought to my attention by my being a participant in the Smeared and Smudged 31 Days of Halloween challenge and blog hop.  I learned about the DT call from Maureen on the hop.  I had a fantastic time participating all month in this event!

I would characterize my go-to crafting style as "fine art meets offbeat."  I have a BFA in Design from the University of Kansas, and I would say that that fine art sensibility colors everything I do, at least a little bit.  I love making pieces that tell a story, or make the viewer say, "Wait...huh?" for just a moment.  I also love injecting a bit of humor into my work!

Some of the recent work that I am most proud of is my series A Gibson Girl Halloween, which I made for the 31DOH blog hop.  A few of these are pictured below.





I would like to join the LOC DT team in order to continue to stretch myself as an artist and to connect with other artists who share my enthusiasm for papercrafting and stamping.

Thanks so much for considering me!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous Sarah! So glad you've joined the DT Call. I really enjoyed hopping your blog in October, and loved your A Gibson Girl halloween series! Will be in touch in the next few days after the call is closed and the DT have had a discussion. Hugs, mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your DT call. They would be fortunate to have you.
    I have enjoyed your creativity and vision and your willingness to share.

    ReplyDelete